Friday 2 February 2007

One day on, one day off

What a lovely day today (Friday). England won a cricket match, and here the birds were singing and the sun was out. I wasn't. It's been a hard week...

Wednesday I went running with my brother Lee. He's on a bit of a get-fit campaign and, as usual, is starting at the deep end. I joined him for a circuit of East Baldwin taking in Abbeylands, The 33rd, Windy Corner, Brandywell, Beinn-Y-Phott, Carraghyn and St. Lukes. Mist, wind and rain - we had a great time.

Thursday saw me walking again and a repeat of the six-lap session I did last week on Baldhoon Road. The weather was a bit warmer and so was the pace. A more positive start meant more consistent lap times, but I was chuffed to speed up on each one. I have always used sessions like this to provide a no-nonsense gague of 'where you're at', and I'll return to the same session regularly. They are hard, but you can't kid yourself. It's either good, or not.

So, things are moving along, and while the 'one day on, one day off' routine isn't exactly full-time training, it's a big improvement on the 'one day on, five off' I was doing a few weeks ago.

No comments: