Friday 16 February 2007

35 minutes. Time enough...

Tuesday was good. I went further and faster than previously, walking eight laps of my 'usual' local loop - all faster than last week. I really had to work at it though - far too hard for the level of achievement. I started a bit too hard, and it stayed that way. Trying to shave a second or two off the lap times was a real struggle and all eight were within ten seconds (not a lot over 13 mins). My hypochondria crept in for the final three laps in the form of a sore knee, but it had cleared up by the following morning. Another miracle!

Thursday was a running day. Well, a running hour. I'd have had a bit longer, but I managed to slide my (wide) van into a ditch on the (narrow) Curraghs Road in Ballaugh, and by the time Mr Kneale (what a gent) had pulled me out, I was a bit late. I parked in Glen Auldyn and ran (then jogged, then walked) up to the Mountain Box. Despite a galeforce headwind (which at one point blew my woolly hat inside out - on my head!) it was a great route. I turned right down the 'greenlane' track to join the Mill. Way at the boardwalk section after Sky Hill and then I headed right again onto a path that led back down to Glen Auldyn.

Today (Friday) I had even less time. 35 minutes isn't enough time to do anything really is it? Well, I did what I often do when I'm on a time budget... hill reps. Started at the Dhoon car park and using the road that goes up to Ballaragh, managed to fit in nine reps - 2 mins to walk up and a 90 sec jog back recovery.

No comments: