Friday 12 January 2007

I feel a bit of a fraud...

I am a bit alarmed to see that Murray has labelled me the 'serious athlete'. The Parish was my last walking race and due to slight injury and great laziness, I'm arguably as unfit as I've been in the last 20 years. However, with the New Year has come a renewed focus. 'I'll get out training next week' changed to 'I'll go training tomorrow' and this week I've actually been out twice. So with about five months to go... I'm off.
I did last year's Parish on the remnants of my Commonwealth 50km fitness. It was clear before Rushen that it wasn't enough and I struggled from there on. I plan to be better prepared this time but I'm going to have a flexible approach with key walking sessions combined with running and cycling. That's why I feel a bit less 'serious' than Murray might think.
Anyway, there's months and months to talk about that. The first thing to do is to get fit.

No comments: